Following a major rehabilitation completed in 2019, Brookland Place Apartments, located in Washington, DC (Ward 5) has met the Enterprise Green Communities criteria.
Earning Green Communities Certification demonstrates a commitment to creating healthier, more energy efficient communities, without compromising affordability in the process. These standards not only create a better building, but also improve the health and well-being of our residents and significantly reduce the building’s overall environmental impact.
According to the Green Affordable Housing Policy Toolkit, the criteria of Enterprise Green Communities result in:
- High-quality, healthy living environments
- Lower utility bills for low-income families
- Energy and water conservation
- Enhanced access to open space and the natural environment
- Healthier local and regional ecosystems
As an affordable housing developer, the choices we make during the design and construction process, as well as the standards we follow, make a real difference for our residents, their homes, and their communities.